Sunday, August 29, 2010

tarts, malatops, suji, almond strips, etc

After a last minute cancellation by 'my company' to JB to collect my biscuits, I decided to drive down alone,  for it would be quicker that way. So at 6am yesterday, I jumped into the viva, and hit the road.  All along the way I would sing my lungs outs, it's one way of venting out negative energies, you see.  When no one is around, it does not matter if I was out of tune or singing the wrong lyrics or  making up new ones. Or screaming or screaching.(and...there was alot of reasons to get that way for)  By the time I reached JB, I was healthier.

Adi and I collected the biscuits in Kulaijaya, went to Maklong's house, gave her some for blessing, then to Gee's house, delivered her order, then back again to Adi's house to rest and talk to the old folks. Allah had given me a good share of old ladies in my life for Adi's mum and I chatted happily.

At 4.00 I hit the road home . Drive, sing, drive, sing until the sun went down and my energy to sing went down too . Time to do some zikir, listen to the Islamic channel, hear some sound advices, listen to Quran and be more sober,  emm...how I should have been from the very beginning. (tau, takpe)

At 9.00pm I reached Abang's house to deliver his biscuits.  Spent the night there because I was exhausted.

At 9.00am today, sent biscuits to Aziz's house, Kak Ros's house and Bahiah's house.  Less and less biscuits in the car.

I hope everyone like these biscuits. Adi and Kak Timah are selling them too.  It started from me bugging Adi for tarts.  So she bought one bottle for me and posted to Shah Alam. It arrived in crumbs beyond recognition. The post office people must have made a football out of my parcel.  Then Adi bought replacement.  And more and more until the three of us decided to sell tarts and other biscuits this hari raya.

This tag line came up, 'Jangan menyusahkan orang, jual kueh tart' when we were sharing the throes being single parents and would like to prove we are far from being burdensome to people around us.

That is how we ended up selling biscuits this year.

No comments: