Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ramadhan Al-Mubarak

Last night after magrib,  I  waited for someone to sms us whether tomorrow (today) we start puasa. We do not have tv or radio in the house so we had to rely on family back in Semenanjung.

As soon as we got confirmation, we drew on our telekongs and headed to the nearest mosque in Kota Sentosa. The parking was already full and parked the car rather out of line, which is not the norm in Sarawak. They had finished 4 rakaats of tarawih due to time difference from the place the puasa confirmation came from.

Ramadhan with all it's special significance has another meaning for me.  Its a month when the 'big' things tend to happen.  I usually brace myself for Ramadhan praying that whatever is to happen, may Allah help me to be able to handle it.

I plan to read (and understand) as much Al-Quran as possible, and try to improve my ibadat. My Allah forgive my inconsistency. May Allah forgive my slowness. My Allah save me from my laziness and other bad qualities.

No comments: