Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Little Ladies Part 6

The family is going through a difficult time as I pen down these words.  Something came up and Alhamdulillah and InsyaAllah, I hope the little ladies and the old lady will come together and see this through. Lahaulawala Kuwataillabillah.  Allah giveth, Allah taketh. And our deepest trust in Him for a hikmah with all that is happening.

To keep our spirits up, I will write the quirky things about the little ladies.

When the girls were young and I go to my second job at night as a clinic nurse, when I come home, I will find Hajar sleeping with a broom by her side and Aishah with a penyapu lidi which indicated they must have had a fight when I was at work.

Once, when I came back from work, Mimi would not drink her milk that her sister made for her. Then I found out  8 years old Hajar put salt instead of suger in  her milk.

Aishah first admirer in primary school was a deaf  boy whom we call Abang Uk Uk because that is how his tones sounded. Whenever he sees Aishah  he will carve a love sign in the air to her.  We still tease her with Abang Uk Uk today.

I asked Hajar to buy some rambutans when she was young and told her, tawar sikit, ja.(harga) Then she goes to the seller and said, "nak rambutan yang tawar". hehehe

When Mimi was in primary school, before going to school would be a session of barganing. How much money to bring . When I gave her 1rm, she asked for 2rm. then I gave her 1.50rm, she bargained for 1.70rm. I could see she learnt the value of money early. (material girl?)

Hajar loved nasik lemak even when she was a toddler, sweating and flustering in the hotness of the sambal, but still keeps on eating until the last morsel.  She cannot live without nasik lemak.

When Aishah was nearly 2 years and could talk, she likes to answer in opposite meaning.  For instance, when someone ask her, "sedap tak?" to what she is eating. She will say "tak" when actully she likes. She changes all her 'yes' to 'nos' and her 'nos' to 'yes'. (ish ish ish)

When Mimi was young she calls 'banana split'  as 'banana sleep'.

One day, when I came back from my clinic work, the girls slept like a log and would not open the door.  I had to climb up to my balcony from the neighbours balcony  into the house with my neighbour's husband pushing up my bottom to reach the railings. Omg.

I got a valentine day card from the girls' headmaster in one of their schools. So sweet. He wrote this on the pink card, 'To my iron lady'. hehehe.  Thank you En. forgot his name.

The girls had their own ghost called Hantu Kiki. (to them it goes kikikikikikikiki in the dark) They would frighten each other saying hantu kiki is wherever the other is going. They would really be scared to go anywhere further than where I am sitting.

So girls, I cannot stop things from happening, but I can teach you to cope with the pain. Dulu kini dan selamanya, love you with all my heart.

No comments: