Monday, August 16, 2010

Brain Gym

The other day Kak Hanim was teaching us brain exercises founded by a doctor of anatomy,  to integrate our left brain and our right brain for maximum thinking.  To mentally impaired people, they will not be able to do these exercises or would do it poorly.  Simple it may seem, though not scientifically proven, the exercise works and Kak Hanim had been successful with her pupils at her kindergarten.

First, we identify which side of our body parts are dominant. Left leg or right leg, which ear, which eye.  Then it explains the outcomes and causes.  Its  funny eventhough my rights are dominant, I look with my left eye. Which means I use alot of my right brain. 

That shows I look at the big picture and poor in details. Emm...quite true...

But what is important to me at the moment is, I concluded that I can call up my left brain!! Good, huh? ( Calling, calling, left brain, please surface now, need help here)

I heard somewhere we humans do not use our brain to the fullest. We only use a few percent. They pictured our brain like an iceberg. On the surface of the water is only a small part of the iceberg. Underneath, there is a huge portion unseen.  So, there is a huge chunk of our brain up here somewhere not being used yet.

I really hope my brain is not a tiny loose iceberg.  So now I will do these exercises using my right eye, maybe I will tape down my left eye while we do this and start tapping on my left brain for the right brain has quite worn itself out with life's challengers.

No comments: