Saturday, August 14, 2010

A painful love story


Eventually, Shushu and Giogio fell in love.....and became the cutest of the cutest furry couples.

Giogio does not have any experience in 'making babies'. So, I don't think, with all that process being done without the slightest inhibition or embarassment anywhere and at anytime, infront of everybody, that we end up running for cover , that Giogio got it right. Maybe Giogio is still young, or too clumsy or Shushu is longer than him, it looks like an unfruitful effort.

Giogio bit Shushu's neck so often and so hard that it bled.  It became a patch of open wound all red and watery, it got us all queasy and squirmy at the sight of it, what more with Shushu stratching on it all the time made the wound bigger.

So we brought her to the vet,  went through hell when she fought the vets with her ferocious  temper that cames out when she knows something painful is going to happen her. And with me trying to pacify her with my frantic  'sayang Shushu', 'sayang Shushu' which I am sure made me look like a nutty cat owner, she finally got her jab.

That night,  the wound did not improve.  So we cleaned it, apply  medicine, covered it with a panty liner (the cleanest and most hygenic material around the house) and tied it with a ribbon. We took Mimi's socks and pulled them on all four legs,  fastened it with rubberbands so that she does not stratch her wound.  She tried to escape and ran around all funny and comical.  We quickly put her in the cat carrier to confine her and minimise any form of movement. Okeh!  job well done!

Only then Mama could sleep soundly when I know Shushu  is not scatching her wound to bleed.  But.... At five o'clock when I woke up for Sahur, I see Shushu looking at me with a frown, free from the carrier, panty liner and socks, scratching her wound, with all her sisters fast asleep.

Somehow, someone did not see this through....

Doctor's orders to separate this two lovers so most of the time,  Shushu stays in my room.  Giogio would go searching for her and sit outside my door with its lovelorn face, looking hurt and pining for his love......

No comments: