Friday, August 6, 2010

Little Ladies Part 7

When we lost something or something is taken away from us, read Innalilla Wainna ilaihiroji'un.  Customarily, we read the verse when someone passed away, but actually, we are to read it when some calamity, big or small, has befallen upon us. Continue with the doa Allahumma ajurni fi musibati wa akhlufli khoirun minha. To the meaning "Ya Allah, give us pahala for this calamity upon me and replace it with something better than it."

Now what shall  I write to uplift our spirits?  It is 5 am in the morning and Adi, by Norhayati Ibrahim the author's advise, asked me to write during these wee hours. Ok, we will try writing sleepy.  Hope it works.

Let's find a happy memory. We can use it during these times.  As Micheal Jackson's song goes...."though you don't need me now.....I will stay in your heart...and when dreams fall apart.....you remember...one day in your life...."          A happy memory is our happy tonic for today. Now....(searching, searching).

Girls, remember our umrah? Come to think of it, nothing can top that. This is Mekah we are talking about. I sold my little house in Kota Bahru after we moved back here from there.  With the 45k,after paying all my loans and debts which was mounting,  I decided to give  little ladies  4k each as a very belated present for all thier good grades in school, eventhough 2 had already finished school. I thought along the lines of savings for further studies or to by a laptop.  Coincidently, my brother just came back from umrah with his children and the little ladies too, wanted to go to Mekah with their 4k present. Coincidently Mama Robiyah, was offered a ticket by some generous person.  And coincidently too, her son-in-law works in a famous travel agent for umrah. It was meant to be.

So off we went, totally leaving ourselves in the hands of Allah to be the guest of Allah. I did not worry at all for I have total faith in our HOST.

During our short kursus umrah, we were told our mutawif would be a special young man with many abilities and very popular. To the extend of being offered marriage by a few women that came under his charge.

As we landed in Jeddah, we waited to be collected and I was looking out for this umrah hero of ours. Then  comes a smallish young Indonesian man, less than 5 feet tall, ushering us into the bus.  Very deftly he handled our group and we find ourselves on the stoney and sandy way to Madinah Al Munawwarah.

Its only when he starts talking (and later on, singing) that I could see why he is extraordinary.  This guy is loaded with charisma but the special kind, the kind that comes from the AlQuran which is very hard to find.  If I had been beautiful and young, and have the guts, maybe  I too would offer him my hand. We were captivated to the end.

to be continued....

No comments: