Sunday, August 22, 2010

Second act

I hope I comprehended right  what second act means when I read about people in the USA who took a turning in their lives to scale down drastically or to purposely live down in order to save themselves from the economic gloom. They leave their expensive lifestyles to a much more basic and simple lifestyle to cut cost before the cost cut them.

In a sense I was very fortunate to have lived frugally last time ,  when I had learnt the value of money so now my second act is more or less  my first act.  Even when our ministers try to convince us the economic gloom in US and Britain will not come here, I am not convinced because the trikle down effect happens all the time.

Even now when the girls had grown and have their salaries and scholarship, the hardship still stays in my heart, engraved forever.  I remember  when every dollar is stretched to the moon and every penny counts.

I just wish to emphasise in my blog today the importance of being penny-wise during these times. We should not be stingy but should stop the unneccessary spending.  Scale down, save up. Shine up old stuff.  Buy less new stuff. Save for rainy days because rainy days seems to be everywhere.

Lets save. Caiyok Caiyok

No comments: