Friday, October 29, 2010

Haiqal and me

Day 3.  I thought Haiqal would not need me today.  A call from Mekah last night with things to buy and my brother sadden by his cries on the phone had proven otherwise.  So this morning, I did my aunty thing and drove dutifully to Mck Halimah's house.  Haiqal called 8 times, 4 answered and 4 went to mailbox. 

Today is outing day to Giant Mall and lunch with Huzaifi and Kina in tow.  I had a good time, putting Haiqal in the shopping trolley and shopping for Hajar's ingrediants. He was well behaved.  I bought sticker activity books for him, to introduce him to books and mental activities. 

We came back to the house, after sticking 5 stickers, he pushed the book away. And shouted 'BOSAN LAH!!'  Obviously he doesn't think much of books.  Then I coaxed, encouraged and cajoled him.  5 more stickers stuck, this time with more thought. Eureka!!! I repeat, with more thought.

Then I told him I have to go home.  He started a terrible, terrible tantrum that made Huzaifi cry.  I  hugged him from the back and Huzaifi hugged him from the front until he quietened. Goodness Gracious me,  I hope I am doing the right thing.  I thought of Anne Sullivan and prayed that I am doing it the right way.  I am sure, if there is love, it won't go wrong. Would it?

I made Huzaifi and Kina make other words from the word encyclopedia and would pay 1 sen for each word.  These two very cute children are cutting alot of classes, so the teacher in me has to give them some lessons. With good incentives.

Tonight I will do some homework on the net because I better equip myself with some knowledge, since being Aunty Cik does not seemed to be enough.

No comments: