Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Haiqal and I

Haiqal is my nephew and is a special child.  I don't know what is the medical term for his state, being physically and mentally challenged and a few years delayed in his growth.  My brother Aziz and his wife had put alot of effort in helping him develop and now he can walk, talk and communicate, eventhough not like his peers.

I would meet Haiqal whenever I go to their house and he would always ask to ride in my car.  So I would take him one round and back. By doing this a sort of bond has been formed between him and my family.

Yesterday when Aziz and Kak Anne has to leave him for Haj, Haiqal was really upset, crying and protesting amongst many family members.  Until I took his hand, he let go of his parents.

As their Aunty Cik, I was given some chores by my brother during his absence. Easy stuff, see to the day maid. fetch Helmi and Haifa from their hostel, send back.  But yesterday, when Haiqal wanted to follow us and spent one whole day with us, I think my chores had just increased in manifolds.

Haiqal  at the moment stays with his grandparents. Taking care of him includes a table of procedures. His medication, his food, his likes and dislikes.

I am going again this morning with a few plans in my head for Haiqal and Huzaifi.(see if it works) Out comes the teacher. In MHI this morning, coincidently, one topic discussed was on 'how to leave your children to go for haj'. They say, give them a mini project to fill their time until the parents come back.

Ok, I am off to spend some time with the boys while waiting for the day maid to do her work. 

Being Haiqal's aunt, and loving the cherubic face and his friendly and innocent personality, lets see what he has to teach me today.

No comments: