Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A good try

Sigh...how would I describe my first stint as a volunteer at Mercy.  I dreamt of posting something all of us could be proud of, but instead, I have to be honest and say it was...a flop.

It has been many years since I was in an organisation. And Mercy, located in the heart of the city is international and made out of upwardly mobile staff who are outgoing and competent taking on the world and its calamities.

I was given a job to get 39 letters addressed from the excel spreadsheet.  Rusty I was using windows but I succeeded in finishing all 39 letters, a little slow because I first copied and edit excel to word because some data were surplus, then from word, copy paste on the appeal for donation letters. Old lady you see, one step at a time. Nevertheless, s.l.o.w. Huhu.

Compared to them, I was a shrinking violet.  The longer I was there the more I shrank. When I got to my last letter, all I knew is that I lacked what it takes.  Where have I been, I don't know. But definitely far from where these people have been.

I don't know whether I have the guts to go again. :-(

No comments: