Thursday, May 2, 2013

My own chefs

If you read my blog and the accolades and compliments I give the western chefs, you might think that I do not think much of our own local chefs.  On the contrary,  because there are real life great unsung chefs in my family and life that the well known local chefs on TV  seemed to go unnoticed. Sorry..huhu.

My own chefs are, of course, my late great grandmother, my late grandmother,  my ex-mother in law, my aunt, Cikpah and my cooking cousins in Singapore,  My aunts Aunty Nor and  Chor, Kak Ros, Chef with great potential  in the closet, Mariam, her mum, the unbeatable Kak Limah, the girls 'Granny Nora', and my very own, Hajar. And a few more.

I enjoy their food so much that I do not look into the local well known chef's profiles. Hehe. I will.






No comments: