Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nothing comes easy.

I just came back from terawih prayers at Masjid Negeri. My first terawih at the mosque on the 18th day of Ramadhan.  The first few days I was travelling, than, I "was on leave". Could not make it any earlier because I was busy as always, doing God knows what.

Yesterday I was trapped in a raining jam from Ampang.  What I thought would all in all take me the most, 4 hours, took me 8 long hours.  I broke my fasting in the car.  My leg cramped from changing the clutch too many times. Tears streamed down my face. I was hungry for rice.  I reached home too tired to eat.  The padlock would not close and I need to use it since I am alone in the house.  I was making funny noises at the verge of more tears. Then I realized, this is my 'once a while ' jam experience. Other people have to go  through it EVERYDAY.  Nothing comes easy.

Keeping these cute cats is not easy.  Other than the time they make us go mushy and fuzzy over how cute they are, there is also a part not cute at all.  That is when you have to clean up their poop everyday, wipe their fur ball puke, and wash the poop off them.  The other day when I was geared to go for terawih, Gio-gio came back drenched in black, smelly drain water. He must have fallen in the drain or  ended in the drain from the cat fights. I let out a cry from the sight of him, boiled water quickly and bathed him until he is clean and cute again. Our cats wake us up everynight to give them food.  Mimi and I have never slept soundly ever since we have them.  Sleeping behind closed doors does not help, Shu-shu scratches the door until we wake up. But....when I  look  at Shu-shu sleeping on Mimis' right and Gio-gio on her left and Tutty hidden somewhere  in the comforters, we accept what comes with having them.

With the garden and the cats, I cannot leave the house for long.  When I told Mimi I was going to KB when she is off to Thailand for her dental gig, she said, "Ma, what about the cats?".  I said, "I cannot give priority to the cats over your sister!" But then again, Picipu is grown up, while these cats needs feeding and cleaning and the plants needs watering. Sorry Peaches. (Picipu is actually from the word 'peach', not Pikachu's cousin).

So, as En Salleh ( a 'tall' man) said, when we do something, we must have 3 things in mind. To do it with patience, to do it with sincerity and  to do it with compassion. All not easy. But do we must.

No comments: