Thursday, August 18, 2011

The B and the P

It finally arrived.  In a big way. With a bang. And a crash.

My BP. Blood pressure.

Before this I never knew how your blood can pressure you. I only hear others suffering. I have high cholestrol and high this and high that but my bp was usually ok. Until....the accident on that fateful night. Then it shot up to 159/90. I was dizzy most of the time, I feel the back of my head clutching and hard to focus. Twice I did not notice the steps and fell. Bad.

So I rested to relax and to bring down the bp. Cut down the 'God knows what' running around to half. Was not doing great.  A week later still high.

Two weeks later only slight changes. I felt I have to seriously rethink my life. I cannot afford this bp.  I have to change my diet.  I have to change my lifestyle.  I have to change.

For starters I chose to be a better servant to Allah since I might go to see Him quicker with this bp. I said  "Ok, Allah, I will pull up my socks".

I started to mend where I have slacken terribly.  Pray earlier, read more Quran. Leave the frivolous.

Now, I feel my bp has gone down.  Alhamdulillah.

No comments: