Monday, August 8, 2011

A facination in recycling and improvising

Adi thinks I am stingy. Me? stingy? Okay....Maybe I am. After all I am my dad's daugrhter.  And to me, he is stingy.

Both my parents were poor.  They had a hard deprived childhood.

That hardship never left them.  Especially my great grandmother who brought me up.

Mok kept everything. Nothing should be wasted.  She loved to keep bottles which she called 'jebo' (please pronounce properly) and that trait, I followed.  I keep them too, which I call 'jars'.

Other than realizing the aspect of saving , to me there is an aspect of creativity in it all too.  And at times of economic gloom like this, (which might get gloomier) we should find ways to minimize spending and maximize saving, so I very much so believe in recycling.

In my garden,  I make use of plastic bottles, tins and containers for pots.  So you see a jumbled, whatever goes and eclectic sort of a garden. Butter cookies tins holding the pegaga and sireh.  Daun sup in the toiletries holder.  Tomatoes growing from cut plastic bottles. As soon as I can figure out how to use the drill, I will make more pots from whatever is old and cracked or chipped that I can get hold off. There is the paint palette that we no longer need from painting this house.  The old pails and 'gayongs'.  The cooking pots that have holes in them.  These will all be holding some plant or other one day.  And I am sure if I ask around, I will get more.

So far, I find  gardening and recycling the second most fullfilling,  compared to the array of things that I do.

Okeh! Next change, will show the pictures.




No comments: