Saturday, January 15, 2011

Love is.....

Love.  Who is qualified to write about love. Definitely not me. As much as we think we know, we still don't know. Its is too wide a topic, too great a thing, too big in magnitude to comprehend. All encompassing,  that it is always about love.

This love thing eludes me all the time, scares me most of the time. No one had failed that many times.  Where did I go wrong.  Whether it is love in the first place. Now that I think about it, I must have missed something.

Only that recently I have discovered something about love.  That sometimes to know whether we love something is when we have encountered something much better than what we love.  This new found thing is what you have always wanted or your dream and your utterly enjoy it. But....you  go back to the old one.  Even if you see something 'better'.

For instance, Gio-gio pisses everywhere, but I would not give him away because for the simple reason that we love him.  Maybe the house would be much better without him, but we still want him with us.

Another instance, I have been staying at my aunt's house in Kota Bharu during this commuting phase. A  big  house, beautifully decorated,  very comfortable and luxurious, well equipped, fridge filled with food and goodies.  But I miss my little home.  If  I had not stayed there, I would not have known I love my house that much.

Love does not necessarily mean having the best.  It may be full of warts and all.  Full of shortcomings.

But you love it anyway.

No comments: