Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Little Ladies Part 4

This morning,  in her usual hurried self, Mimi unpegged her lab coat from the clothes line to take to classes. Today is hospital day where her class will be at Selayang Hospital to study the illnesses and patients. I took the coat from her to iron it eventhough she was late.  We went through so much already, she cannot wear a crumpled coat, can she....

So I put it on the iron board and ironed it lovingly. It has her name embroidered above the pocket. Alhamdulillah, we have a lab coat. A sign that someone has worked and studied very hard. A sign someone has passed many exams and used many cells in her brains. A young scientist is amongst us and if she passes more exams and join more of her brain cells,( as the milk advertisement indicated on TV)  she would be a dentist one day.

I have been blamed for pushing my girls too hard.  I don't think that is true. During Aishah's final medical exams, she was really down, I told her to be a nurse.  Nursing is also good. Don't have to drive yourself nuts just to be a doctor.  Is anything worth losing your mind over? But she did not give up.

It has taken a toll on Mimi's health too, being anaemic and all.. If it is too much, just be a photographer, Mimi.  Since she is really good at it. Its okay , most important, your livelihood is HALAL. She too is not giving up.

I believe we should do our best in what we do.  For our religion, family, race and nation. But your best, my best,  or anyone's best for the matter, varies.

Are we doing our best? I can surely say, not really....

No comments: