Saturday, July 17, 2010

Little Ladies part 2

Our divorce was peaceful.  He took the car and I took the kids. 

It was nothing like I imagined. 100x times harder. And like a domino effect one thing after another took a down turn as the saying goes, when it rains, it pours.

I held the girls closely to my heart, since my head could not think.  All the miseries was so pressing, that my brain was buried in the rubble. All I had was my heart to protect the girls with all my might.  But they still got caught in the pain too, though not as bad.

But whatever that was happening, all I had in my mind was the girls' future, that is where everything went.

We moved houses like nomads, looking for a place to build our lives.  The girls grew in the car practically.  They ate, sang, read and play games in the car. We drove long distance, short distance, during the day and during the night.  There was a time when I did not have money, I had to go on the old road (no one knows where the old road is now) and not the highway. And once, on the highways when I did not have money to pay the toll, I gave the toll guy oranges instead. ( I told you Adi, depressing) and had even had paid in 50 pieces of 1 cents or just outrightly said, "Dek, akak tak bawak duit". Not to mentioned the car stopping on the road because it ran out of petrol, but luckily, always, luckily, we were not that far from a petrol station. The zikirs never fail.

Nowadays, Aishah's car stopped because she is too busy or too lazy to fill up. Its a good thing there are no 3 little ladies in the car with her.

No comments: