Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Step 2 , substitute.

Actually the corn cake was not so popular with the girls.  They only eat one piece and do not go for seconds.  Maybe it is not to their taste. Maybe they are not yet into healthy eating.

This morning I am fasting.  Time is flying fast and I have many more days to pay back.  When I fast I am like a withered plant.  I read in a magazine, fasting 2 days a week is a good way to diet.  We all know that to fast on Monday and Thursday is a part of our Islamic practices.

I went into this gorgeous blog named absolutely beautiful things, and it is most interesting and colourful.  If only I can come up with something like that.  Unfortunately.....

When you want to cook something healthy, but no one seems to like what you cook or do not believe in your cause, you lose your enthusiasm to cook.  But I should not give up and keep doing what I believe in, that is substituting the sinful cakes for something less sinful ones. To go without, I cannot.  Food is my few pleasures in life.

As I have observed the people around me, they would naturally go off many foods as they grow old.  They suddenly cannot take the gamy smell of chicken, they do not like sweet cakes, biscuit and kueh, they find   fish too fishy.  What they  enjoy is ikan kering..

If only I can get hold of wholegrains, unprocessed wholesome ingredients and make Hajar turn it into bread since I read white rice and white bread is not so good. Bleached products are not good.  Maybe I should go scour the ingredient shop and see what is available. Maybe I should get a wheat mill. A small one.

If my advice on cutting down in the previous post  is step 1, step 2 would be all the substituting.  Difficult and just as challenging.

So far I have made low fat banana cake (Mimi made this actually), low fat carrot cake, low fat corn cake  and low fat zucchini cake.  And tried selling them too. Only half is taken.  Maybe not many are yet into healthy eating.

I shall not give up. InsyaAllah I will try out more low fat less suger  recipes.



No comments: