Sunday, March 17, 2013

Healthy eating

I was thinking...

I have many homespun therapy.  One time I did leg massage therapy for Aishah and Shaz when they were flat out exhausted interns in Kuching.  Quite recent I tried selling food therapy to make our problems go away. Did not quite achieve it.  I tried paint therapy for Bahrain and was only half successful.  Sewing therapy for Hajar has come to an end.

Cooking therapy, I could not do it for long since I am not allowed to eat alot of stuff. I am on a perpetual diet.  But...if it is healthy eating, I have not gone bored on this subject.

Lets get into healthy eating and see how long I would last writing about it.

Yesterday I cooked for my dad and my two brothers at their holiday house.  It was actually my desperate attempt to escape from having to join in their discussion so I volunteered to do the cooking. Even bundled up  my oven and pans and brought with me.  I grilled salmon, served with white rice, roasted vegetables, and cucumber soup.  All healthy. While they wait, I served them cubed fruits with melted chocolate fondue.  Not so healthy but I hope that when they dug into the chocolate, they would  forget I am there.

Then it got me and Mimi thinking, what to cook next if we are called to go there again.  And I just got the answer.  HEALTHY FOOD!

I share with you my cucumber soup recipe.

2 cups natural yogurt
1/ 2 cup water
2 medium cucumbers cut, seeded and dried with a towel.  Add salt to the cucumber before drying them.
Some dill
1 clove garlic
1/ 4 big onion or some chives.
1 tblspn sugar
1 tblspn lemon juice

Put all the above in the blender and blend till smooth.  If you like less tangy, add some milk. Serve cold.

Its cooling this recipe.  I like. Rasa sejuk dalam perut.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaa...healthy eating...I like...

~ mamappgs