Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Start taking care of your health early

As we grow older we are more aware of the changes that is going on with our body. Seriously.

When we were young, we could run, juggle and multitask and repeat.

Now, we feel we cannot do so much.  We need time to rest.  I say we because my friends say the same thing.

I don't know if there are other reasons for feeling tired but I think growing older does play its part.

I advice everyone to take care of your diet from the age of 30.So that when you reach 50, you can sort of slow down the aging and changing trend. Seriously.

By now I have somewhat changed my diet and able to eat less and eat healthier.  But it took time. Quite long.

You either do it at your own accord or have your doctor tell you to.  One way or other, the day would come.  You either consult your doctor because you are health conscious or because you are already suffering from something.

Unfortunately when we are younger we are too busy to think about our health. We were invincible.  Some people stay invincible through out their middle age and hate it when we say the word old.  I don't know, to me, every age has its....its promises.

But for now its time to review our health.  The earlier, the better.

Of hand, I can advice this.

1.  Take less sugar
2.  Eat less rice
3.  Cut as much oil as possible
4.  Cut down on the portion of your food
5.  Exercise or move your muscles.  I believe humans are created to work their limbs.

This is the starting point.  And I have just achieved this level. Still poor on no.5

But......

Yesterday I continued this new bright idea of mine for everyone to eat healthy and cooked up some awesome low calorie cakes.   Used healthier oil and not butter.  I made carrot bread, zucchini bread and today, sweet corn cake.  Yep, vegetable cakes.  It still tasted like cakes but not as gooey and less sweet.  Full of fiber.

Will show the actual picture of the sweet corn cake I made this morning as soon as I find the necessary wires to upload. Its yummy.  Rasa dia macam apam balik pun ada.



No comments: