Thursday, January 5, 2012

new, new, new

A new home, a new business, a new surrounding but an old me.

As a child I had been painfully shy. I lack confidence and my self-esteem is dangerously low.  As I grew older and started reading, I read alot of self-help books and slowly cultivated my own remedies to overcome my shyness.  I remember when I was in school, my class teacher, Puan Habsah would try to get me out of my shell.  She would make me sing and talk in front of the class, I would whisper the song and she would say, "Kuat sikit, Noris, tak dengar".  She told my mum "dia pemalu sangat" and did not give up to make me go out to the front.  Alas, it worked but little.  What actually gave the boost of confidence was her liking my 'matured' handwriting.  She would ask me to copy the class's names on her register book. Her real register book!  hihi.

With my self-esteem still a problem,  how do I go to sell Hajar's cookies to the public?.  I had all sorts of feelings. Apprehension, fear of failure, shy with no experience in selling,  So I sat down and did some reality check.  What is the real thing?  Is my product good, yes. Is the price right? Yes.  Is the location right? Yes. What can the worse happen? No sales.  What will happen if people do not buy? Sad. Used to sad.  And if I fail? Used to that, too. 


Ready for anything and with a bucket full of doas I enter a new world in Amcorp Mall, Petaling Jaya.

Timur Field, A&W and Taman Jaya, do you remember me. Oh,how well I know the days of yesterday.



No comments: