Saturday, January 7, 2012

A good response

The fear that no one would like our product was proven wrong.  They bought our goods, liked it and came back again.  I was overjoyed.  Is this really happening to us? Is there actually a market for our cookies and food? Is there a teeny weeny chance for this teeny weeny business to grow? It has been so long I felt this way that it felt strange.

For things not to go wrong as they usually do.

My dream is to be able to make an income and not to be a burden to others, by doing something we like. My cooking is fine for my family but to make people part with their money for it, I don't think so.  But, Hajar's cooking, yes, they would.

Sitting behind the 3' x 8' table, drapped with a compulsory maroon table cloth which I sewn myself, we display our durian cream puff, roti jala, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip and raisins and our latest, shortbread. And the fun begins. hihi.

My world open to meeting fellow flea marketeers,  all kinds of people and the world of commerce.

I love the wide array of things sold there. Very interesting and full of surprises and delights.  From clothes to food to plants to antiques. Antiques of pictures, vintage items, bric-a- brac, crockeries that would remind you  of your grandmothers' houses and collectors items of all sorts.

I got to know Kakak Hot Lagsane, Abang carrot cake, Adik chocolate, Abang t-shirt korea.  Yesterday Adik biskut conflakes asked me if it is Aishah, who was selling with me, the daughter who does the cooking.  He remembered my story. The mum. I am not invisible like I usually am to people.

Acceptance.

Alhamdulillah, Syukrulillah. I have to pinch myself.

No comments: