Saturday, February 26, 2011

Not so successful jogging days

Last few days was a flop for jogging.

Day before was the worst.

Since the day before the day before it was raining and no jogging.  The day after that, my father called to see him at my brother's house in Kelana Jaya. Eager to get into action, again very early got into my jogging gears,  determine to speak to my dad only for a few minutes, then to excuse myself and jog these fats away.

Not so easy  because when dad starts talking  I always  feign interest in order not to offend the old man.  In fact I did not budge till we said goodbye and parted ways.  Still sticking or at least trying to, to plans, we drove a short distance  to enter the lake grounds only to find there is no more lake.  It has turned into a construction site.

Then Mimi dragged me to accompany her to do her business  that we had entered a place where people were appropriately and elegantly dress and here I was in my long muslimah tee-shirt and track bottom, looking like an over-aged teenager.

Still not dettered, all I could think of was the evening.  Evening came, we went to take Shu-shu and Gio-gio from the vet when I found my purse mysteriously missing.  Then it rained.

No jog, no purse.

The next morning,  feeling as blue as the rain outside,  a good Samaritan  called to return my purse which he found in a garbage bin.  All there except the  200rm.Innalillawainnailaihiroji'un.

Only today,  after an irresistible  plate of Arab rice with lamb and chicken  at Hikmah's wedding, (too delicious not to eat, its a wedding, not everyday we find etc)  I manage to jog 2 rounds. More like brisk walking, actually.

There are alot of obstacles that I must overcome in order to get to the right weight.  But many people can do it. The biggest loser could do it. We should be able to do it.

A small  Fighting!!

No comments: