Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mekkatu Mukoromah

Everyone are excited about Tok Cek and Tok Wan  going for umrah this Friday. That night, on the day they arrrived at my aunt  Kak La's house, we were fussing around them like mother hens to make sure they have brought everything with them. Socks, sweaters (for the long transits), long pants, medication etc. Apparently Cek  has got everything packed except for talcum powder.

Being the good daughter Kak La is, she had bought a very beautiful jubah for her mother. I would say a jubah fit for the queen. (No kidding) In electric blue, fully embroidered on sleeves and at the bottom in silver thread and sequins with high chinese colar. If Cek wears it, it would be going to Mekkah in glitter and glamour. And with Cek, usually, she is be able to pull it off.

I miss Mekkah. Kaabah is softly calling out to me. I need to save now to be able to answer the Kaabah's call. I hope in not too long a time.

The air in Mekkah is totally different from anywhere in this world.  Maybe because of the Nur that trancends on the land, so luminious and the barokah that Allah bestows upon all His visitors.

No comments: