Monday, January 4, 2010

The Johor/ Singapore tree.




I have been travelling quite alot these days, so much so, that when I am waiting, I have to recheck, "which station am I at right now?". There was kucing airport, lcct, kl central,  pudu raya, medan gopeng, section 17, larkin, persada johor and rouchor in Spore,  coming and going. Its quite tiring, but, have to go.

My father sends alms once or twice a year to his family in Johor Bahru and Singapore and he would ask me to deliver it. I do it to please the old man and it is a chance to see my relatives .

Imagine another tree. Good sturdy tree, solid, strong branches and  pretty blossoms,  except that there was a yellow line around this tree.

When my parents divorced, my mother became possessive over  her children and she prefered everyone to go to Kota Bahru. With my dad who had long left Singapore,  now has another family in Melaka, and  he too,   goes back only on certain occasions.  My mother had passed away, and my dad is old and taken, the yellow line is slowly fading.

I would describe my father's side as very javanese. And they are. They are amiable, good hearted, hardworking and honest people with strong family values. From my late uncle, Paklong Haji Buang, a well respected electrician who was known for his impeccable work, his wife Maklong Ah Ah (Zaleha) a perfectionist Quran teacher, whose house is spick and span and spotless from since I was young till now. My aunt, Cik Ipah who makes the best sambal goreng in the world. My cousin brother, Abang Amin who is always there for me, and his wonderful in every way wife, Kak Limah.   To Aunty Embem an art teacher, Aunty Salamah, a teacher for special children, Aunty Naemah, a nurse. All of them, of whom I have lovely memories,  eventhough we meet once in a blue moon. (Except for Arwah Paklong and family whom I grew up with from 13 to 15 years old ) And many others, older and younger,  from ailing Nek Ton to Wan Umar Munzir, who starts nursery school today.

Love you all.

No comments: