Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cock-a-doodle-doo



The chickens and roosters from my neighbour's house are clucking and crowing loudly.  It reminds me of being in a kampung.  This row of terrace has a kampung feel to it.  Maybe because of the chickens and the green vacant land filled with ferns and lalang , infront of our houses. The sun rises earlier here than in Semenanjung. Syuruk is at 6.30 am.

We build an armour to fend off what could hurt us. The armour can be in many forms. Denial, running away, blocking off memories  or locking the memories and stashing  it away somewhere in our brain or heart , or to numb off all feelings, that you don't feel pain or happiness anymore. Alhamdulilah for the solat and doa and that Allah helps us when we are feeling weak. Alhamdulilah Allah is with the weak and downtrodden. The best is always to face and conquer the hardship or problem, but sometimes, if you are not strong enough,  facing it can put a dent in our mind or your heart.

I have a few plans here. First, maybe, change number.Then I want to buy some plants for the porch.  I would like to buy a book shelf and start filling it up with books that I finish reading.  Then I would like to rear chickens like Mr Ah Jun. I want to buy some artificial flowers to sweeten up the house. And maybe some ceramics to put in the show case. If Gee collects  apple painted ceramics, I  choose lemons and plums.

I pray to Allah to grant my father happiness and ease with his family.  To my brothers too, I pray for their successes, and my sister, I hope her plans work out. Be happy everyone!

No comments: