Saturday, September 18, 2010

When was the last time you did a blood test?

It has been sometime I had a blood test, about 5 years ago.  I had one done last week and the results had been 'expectedly' bad.  Cholestrol higher than range, uric acid on the high side and many other indicators towards the high side.  Hmmm....

Its a good thing I went or I would just keep on going and ignoring all the signals my body is giving me. 

So our doctor has put me on a diet regime as I am obese now. Obese!!!!!

He gave me a list of what I could not eat, and as curiousity kills the cat, I did more research on the net, to find the list gets longer and longer. I was eating oats happily knowing I was keeping my cholestrol at bay when I saw oats on the no-no list for uric acid.

Since I got the results, I find myself staring at food, stopping short from eating,  to compute, was this on both list?

Now I have to do some food exploring to know what is there else to eat since 70% has been striked out by the good doctor.

No comments: