Friday, September 17, 2010

A box of chocolate

Forrest Gump said something to this effect, that life is like a box of chocolate, you don't know what you are going to get.  That was how my hari raya this year, a box of chocolate...

That is why it is always important to 'betulkan niat' when we are about to start anything. Mulakan setiap perbuatan dengan Bismillah.  Because, when things change courses or things happen unexpectedly, you do not jump up and down.

It was indeed an privilege to be able to celebrate hari raya with relatives in Kota Bharu after some years of moving to KL.  Auntie Kak's family has grown with the increase of grandchilren. Kak La's lovely family, Kak Pah's lovely house and Cek's good food.  To 'beraya' with my wonderful Mokcik Moh and Pokcik Wei, with Mama Robiyah and family.

Then to have the Little Ladies' Papa and Pak Uda coming to the house was always a highlight of my hariraya, because it is the  time of the year when they gather as a family, when his first family and second family meet and unite. When it shows blood ties bring people together.

I guess I believe in hariraya.  That's why what we lack to make hariraya perfect makes me sad. 

Day before yesterday, I beraya with my grandmother at the hospital, meeting relatives from another branch of family tree.  That night to my brother's open house where I meet the lovely, ever so proper family of Kak Ann's.

Eventhough I am always apprehensive how hariraya would be every year, but  like I wrote, we always manage to enjoy ourselves for as long as we  have the 4 F, that is faith, family, friends and food.

No comments: