Friday, June 10, 2011

Edible garden

At the back of the new house is a small patch of land.  Alhamdulilah we have a chance to plant something as the saying 'berbudi pada tanah' goes.  Even before anything else, we started digging and  working on the earth like we have not seen earth for a long long time. We got seeds and seedlings, Kak Pah gave us Pandan and Kari plants, and soon the edible garden which was only in our minds has finally came into form.

Now we have little tomato plants that grew from the soggy tomato I plonked on the ground.  The chili seedlings have flowers.  The brinjal seedlings have new shoots. Hajar's pegaga hanging by the wall has sprouted nicely.  The ulam raja  had been plucked and eaten.  The limau purut and lemon plants too is doing fine.  The pips of garlic and shallots I submerged into the ground have grown and is ready to be put into Aishah's favourite dish, sup ayam.

It brings me joy to see these vegetable growing. A new bloom, a new shoot is greeted with much glee.  I look forward to inspect the garden in the mornings after subuh.  I think would enjoy being a farmer.  If I am brave enough to face the wild boars and iguanas that comes with the teritory of agriculture land.  So, at the moment, I am happy with this small plot to dig happily away.

I will post the photos as soon as I can transfer it from the handphones. Tak sabar nak tunjuk. Jangan jeles k...

No comments: