Monday, November 29, 2010

Melissa's Wedding

Two of my good friends had married off their firstborn.  Siti's Zahidin,(previous post) and Adi's Melissa. Come to think of it,  what do I do when my time comes. The thought gives me palpitations.

So Mimi and I drove down to JB in our little car. I was not able to attend the nikah on Friday so the reception on Saturday is obligatory.  Started out as early as 5.15am, we reached JB at 9.00am. 

I was by Adi from the time Melissa and Zaki decided to tie the knot.  Meaning to say that I was closely in touch from the time of their decision to the fruition of the whole occasion. You see, Adi supported her daughter's decision and plans and I supported Adi. That is how it goes with the two of us, friends from school, both single parents. Most of the wedding plans was done by Melissa with her wedding planner, while Adi's mum decides on the food and caterer.  We, just nod in agreement and chipped in some money for some parts of the kenduri.

When I arrived at the hall that auspicious morning, I was terribly impressed! The whole concept, designs and choices was...all I can say, was soooo Melissa.  Modern, colourful, vibrant and dynamic.  Just like her, a young master's grad in business who is tutoring in one of the local Uni, she had put together some memorable wedding. Wah!!!

In this post Auntie Fish nak ucapkan selamat melayari alam rumahtangga dan semoga bahagia sehingga akhir hayat to Mel and Zaki.

No comments: