Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Makcik Halimah aka Halimah Senior. Halimah Junior aka Mimi

While beautiful 'happening' ladies are glowing in the company of equally 'happening' company, may they be men or women, I fill my time with my makciks.  How boring can you be.  Oh well...I have never been good with emm...men. (huhu)

In a few days when my brother comes back from Haj, my days at Makcik Halimah's house (Haiqal's grandma) will no longer be necessary.  I have written about my makciks. All great women in my life. We must know where we are going.... what direction we are taking...towards... getting old.  I want a collegen, botoks and artificial hormones free twilight age. (InsyaAllah, if I can) and these ladies, are timeless beauties, to me.

Maklong Ah Ah, teaching the Quran for decades  makes her as sharp as she always was.  She does not need to eat gingko or any memory enhancing supplement.  My Mama Robiyah also teaches the Quran, ever so 'durable'.  Mokcik Moh, who always smile and looks naturally sweet, without makeup . Cik Pah. Looks like she doesn't know, but she does. Close to deaf, but answers your questions.

Mck Halimah is a class act. You just  need to step into her home and see the coordination of everything, placing, colour, mixing, matching  and you will be impressed. She is housewife all her life, but what she had created is a indication of good taste and good judgement and good everything.  She takes care of everything in nothing short from 'the best' possible way.

With perfection in mind,  the results are always wonderful.  Successful children, well-behaved and cute grandchildren, a beautiful home. As long as I knew them, she is always helping her children with their studies, family and careers, that everyone in her family is so loved and cared for, it shows.  Every child in that family has a loving grandmother and grandfather, mum and dad, aunties and uncles and many cute cousins to grow up with, they are what ideal families are made of.  One month with Makcik Halimah gave me alot of good feelings. Is this what it meant by 'yang mana intan, yang mana kaca' when we are asked to select carefully the people we choose as friends or role models.

If I can, I want to learn from her.  One month, basking in her advise, sensibilities, warmth and wisedom, I have become a bit better than yesterday.

No comments: