Saturday, November 6, 2010

Jo.... :'(

I just came back from JB. Have been running around quite a bit.  My cousin Jo passed away.Innalilawainnailaihirojiun.

In my heart I feel a heavy stone.  It is like many feelings and memories suddenly got impacted by the  news of his death.  It would take time for this stone to slowly loosen up, smooth out and fade away.

For 3 years of my secondary life in JB, we were close cousin-buddies. Talking, fooling around, pranking and teasing each other.  Then I moved back to KL and we do not see much of each other. He got married and so did I.  But...everytime the few times  we see each other all these years, what we had when we were young, was always there, intact and everlasting.  Only that we have aged and are very out of shape.

He has left all of us suddenly.  Especially his mum, my Maklong Ah Ah to whom he was very 'manja'.  I see Maklong holding up as best as she could, but I can feel her pain and grieve, losing another son. So I discussed the movie 'Asmara' with her, told her about the gossips I derive from Izyan.com,  and told her about my 'hirok-pikok' life, about my brother's children.  Then I would go in the room to stop myself from talking too much nonsense.  Give her a few hours break and then talk about our favourite TV personalities, Wardina, Elly, Fitri and Abby. Then of course, my 'hentam saja'  palm reflexology before she sleeps.  We covered plenty, except about Jo.

For Jo, we mourned quietly together, without a word between us on him.  Jo, rolly polly and jovial, not a malice in his heart, his place in our hearts, especially Mak Long's, can never be replaced.  That, I know.

No comments: