Friday, October 19, 2012

the killer dish is found

One month have passed at Lil Haven.

I shop, I cook, I sell, I clean up, the whole works. It was fun as it was tiring.  Oh yes, I also serve.

Many dishes were plated. Our set meal was made out of one of these.   Nasi Tomato, Nasi Serai, Nasi Carrot and Nasi Goreng Seafood for the rice variety. We made Ikan Masak Asam, Ikan masak cili. And we also made Tomyam, Ayam Kurma, Ayam Masak Merah and Ayam Rendang. And we had Sambal Udang.

For vegetable dishes we had  made Urap Kacang Botol, Acar Rampai, Paceri Nenas, Mixed Vege, Masak Lemak Putih, Kacang Panjang Goreng, and Salads.

But guess what that 'Wowed!' our regulars?

Kak Ros's SAMBAL BELACAN!

That got the best reviews. The killer dish I was desperately looking for.

And why ever not?  Kak Ros had been pounding sambal belacan for 50 years.  It will, without a doubt, remain unbeatable and reign supreme over all other sambal belacans.



No comments: