Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Step it up, step it up

How do we get sales to pick up.

Ok, logical solutions.  Get a killer recipe and nail it.  But.... I do not have one. 

I see too much AFC, Asian Food Channel on Astro.  What do people in Centrio Soho, this upscale and upbeat and chic home cum office, and boutique offices  lifestyle people go for?  

This new culture has found itself  in Kg.Kerinchi. And Kg. Kerinchi has it all. High end, medium end, low end, high rise, medium rise, low rice. Modern living, ordinary living, foreign living.  One word, 'Chacha Marba' (jumbled)  and it is just so...emm...interesting.

Centrio Soho itself is a modern design building, its living quarters consisting of double storey studios, more like a big compartment, divided into two, horizontally.  And Lil Haven, is at the retail floor. 

Sue showed me one famous artist living there, selling his drawing by the thousands. There's a Max. And Allan who would come for 'Lil Haven famous' oatmeal cookie and ice lemon tea everyday.  There is Bala, an Indian who orders ice coffee black no sugar take-away.  There's Kim, who gjves alot of feedback on the food.  There's Sam my biggest supporter, Michelle, Irin, Mr cute Chinese CEO, there is En. Mat Parang Tajam. Another biggest  supporter, Tim who is from Philipines I think,  would  always ask me what the food is made of.  I would go, 'rice floor and coconut milk' for the kueh lapis, ' tapioca, sweet' for the bingka ubi. 'Sticky rice,  savoury with  coconut sambal filling' for the pulut panggang.  Ida's mother makes these delicious traditional cakes.  They are cake making family.  "Pancake with  coconut and palm sugar filling' for kueh ketayap. How I enjoy enlisting the ingredients to Tim, who soaks it all up and buys the kuehs.

Its nice to work in Lil Haven, to watch the people, to watch Ida bake and help her colour the frostings and give unsolicited ideas for her cakes, and to smell the aroma of cakes and biscuits in the oven.  

All is not easy.  I have not found the killer recipe.  

These people are all smart and world-wise and would not throw their money easily. 

Earlier I bet on home-cooked food but after 10 days,  maybe Centrio Soho finds it emm...boring.

Step it up, step it up. Huhu....I wonder what is Secret Recipe's secret...

Tomorrow I will take pictures.



No comments: