Monday, April 11, 2011

cherry blossoms.and sakuras

"Raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens.White copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tide up in strings, these are a few of my favourite things." Sings Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music.

Cherry blossom and Sakura trees are one of my favourite things other than hot air balloons, houses and  fruits, to name a few. It is one of my dreams to visit Japan during the Sakura season and that would be a sight to behold. Since that dream is not going to materialise so soon (or ever),  in it's place,  these trees with pink flowers (white too) around Shah Alam town sure looks like Cherry Blossoms and Sakuras. Not sure of which tree  species or scientific names, with pink flowers that bloom profusely during this time of the year, they are the nearest to the real thing in our country.

So I made Mimi take the pictures of these Malaysian Sakura as I call them, to share with you.  Though the flowers will fall and mess up the road sides but they are still so very pretty, all pink and dreamy.

If I have a house with land,  this Malaysian Sakura will be 'a must have' in the yard. To see a tree full of blooms would be one highlight of my simple life.




No comments: