Friday, March 4, 2011

Beatrix Potter

Beatrix Potter is one of my inspirations.  I did not really read her books even though I have come across Peter Rabbit a few times growing up.  It is until I saw the CD titled her name that I came to know what a great childrens' book writer she was. Watching her movie never fails to motivate and inspire me to....well, get artsy.hihi.

Only then did the characters of her books caught my attention as to how wonderful they are,  so  beautifully created and painted, it is truly amazing because during those times, everything was done by hand.

Actually I love cute things. Never grew out of cute things.  And her drawings and her biography  are very cute.  Except the part when her true love passed away.  That was sad but she got to marry her childhood friend and had followed her heart to where ever it brought her.  She was ahead of her time, facing difficulties in the male dominated community, but continue persistently to churn out the produce of her many talents. She did what she loved and lived where she loved and painted with  much love that her books remained a classic till today, bringing much joy to the readers, both old and young. A women of enormous 'fighting'. 

That brings to show that real passion is a gift, no matter how small.  Brian Kim said, we should do something out of love, not out of fear, for the root of fear is black.  The results would be too. Unquote.

The root of love is beauty.  And real beauty is everlasting.


Kak Hanim has a set of cups with Beatrix Potter characters on them. Must get them too.

No comments: