Saturday, September 21, 2013

Roti jala

Taking care of your loved one's food is a sure way to their hearts. I read on the Good Chef and Bad Chef TV episode that people who gives you food gives you their heart.  Come to think of it, it is true.  The more loving friends or relatives are always inviting me over for a meal. I remember my late Aunt, Mokcik Moh who would be hurt if I do not go for a meal to her house when I go back to Kota Bharu.  Or my paternal Aunt, who would make sure no one leaves her house without filling their stomach first. So, make a point to offer food, not only it is a form of sedeqah that would reap you pahala, it is a way of extending a genuine friendship to last a whole life long.

I found out that you can find love from food.

This is a recipe for roti jala or 'net pancakes'.


Roti Jala

A blender
Half blender of flour
1 egg
2 tbsp of powdered milk
1-2 drops of yellow colouring
Enough water to fill up the blender to the top
1 tsp salt
A roti jala mould

Instructions:

Blend all the ingredients till smooth. Get the right consistency for a light pancake.

Oil a flat pan.  Put some batter into the mould and swirl it on the pan to form a net-like pattern. The best way is this way.  Bring the mould into a star formation and 3 quick circles. If you go haphazardly, you will get a messy net.  When well set and cooked, take it out of the pan and fold it like a spring roll.




To be eaten with curry or any gravy of your liking. Its net-like shape makes it a delectable and refined dish.






No comments: