Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My dazzling grandmother

My step-grandmother Cek is one classy lady.  Try putting her in KL spotlight and I am sure she would grace the magazine covers at least once in her lifetime.  Fortunately she lived in the smaller world of Kota Bharu lest, is only known to her circle of family and friends.

My aunties chide me for doting on her,  and being oblivious to the difficult time she gave her children.  Hehe. My mother (their sister) wasn't easy to please too, so no sweat. Anyway, Cek doesn't mind me. She knows that I think the world of her.

Besides flawless fair skin, slim figure, her impeccable dressing, her wit, her sharp mind and her fierce winning streak, I love her finnese.  I have not seen a women who could say what she wants, get what she wants but does it with such flair that you always find yourself succumbed and side-tracked without you realising.

I can write lengths about her dressing.  She never leaves the house unless she looks
like a million dollars. Her beautiful baju kurungs given by her children, her dazzling jewelleries of gold, diamonds and precious stones adorning her body  add sparkles to her already grand persona. She loves to have blinking stones on her shoes or tudung and uses branded handbags, all put together splendidly without over dressing.

We can speak to her about anything and she has alot to comment, sizing down the situation or person into pieces which only a person who has lived long enough to know and do.  She may be 80 of age, but her agile body and mind put us all to shame.  Never giving up to the slowing down process we go through,  Cek keeps on living life with remarkable style as she always had.

I have asked her for tips. The few she gave was, read the Quran everyday and do not sleep in the afternoon.   Also to be active. Personally,  I feel it is her love for diamonds that makes her feels 'anggun' , thinks anggun and looks anggun. Diamonds have that effect, you know.  I do not have any diamonds but then again, I am not Cek, not by a long mile. I should learn a few things from her, and head for Habib Jewels so that I could get some admirers.

Eventhough I am only a step-grandaughter, Cek is the only grandmother that I know. I do not know my real grandmother, as she lives another life, nor  my paternal grandmother, who died before I was born. Regardless of the ups and downs that we went through in the past, Cek has filled up that role for me. As all have ended well for mostly everyone, and for that, we should appreciate the people in our lives, for you will never find a replacement for any of them. (picture: cek in home clothes and sunglasses)

No comments: