Friday, June 11, 2010

Find your strength

I recommend you to read about finding your strength by Marcus Buckingham.  He believes that we have more chances of succeeding if we find our natural strength and go from there.

Wardina has written 2 books and she said on MHI, quote" if you want to write, just write" unquote.  I still have nothing to write about....and time is running out.

Wardina Saffiyah, an epitome of success. Mother of three, career plus anchor women, famous, beautiful and Islamic and now a writer. Allah has blessed her with many good things, Alhamdulillah. I plan to go to MPH to buy her books.

Actually I have so many interesting people around me, because  those that come my way are indeed quite out of the ordinary. Believe me!  Even my cat Shushu is not an ordinary cat. She wakes me up at the most precise moment. Time like when I have not prayed Isyak,  or when my nap overshot into magrib.  She likes high places and looks down to everything especially Giogio.

Giogio too is interesting.   He is a jealous cat. If we hold Shushu, he will come and gets angry with Shushu until we put her down.  Otherwise he won't even answer to his name.  Nothing registers.

To the unmotivated Hajar, or the bogged-down with work Aishah or the young and restless Mimi, or burned out Mama, we all have our stories.  Intan still owes me part 4.

My grandmothers are beauties of  'wanita-wanita melayu terakhir' class , my aunties are icons of their society or kampung, my parents with their 'what they have to go through' stories.

The interesting men and women that added input in my life. Both good and bad.

Friends that stayed, friends that went.

Nice employers, nasty employers.

Forever etched in my memory. 

To be shared.  But nice things only.

No comments: