Monday, June 21, 2010

How much time have passed

The water, coconut trees and white sand take me back to the times I brought the girls to beaches when they were young. With  eyes never leaving them, while they get into the fringes of  the water, to splash one another or pretending to swim or spluttering when the sea water go into their noses.  I was always calling out, "cukup kat situ je, jangan pegi jauh-jauh". We would go up to have something to eat, then go into the water again. They would bring plenty of sand on them into the car and back to the house , all sun-kissed and brown.

Now they bring me (and pay the bills!) and they will go snokelling far into the sea without me as I no longer have the stamina to follow, only not  missing a few dips in the pristine clear waters around the island . Mimi with her SLR taking beautiful photographs to be shared on flikr.  That too brought me to the past when I brought their art things for them to draw the beach during their resting time. Now they go clicking away, editing using their laptops the most gorgeous sunsets.  A thousand steps more advanced then their watercolour paintings which I still keep till today. How much time have passed.

Aishah will be going back to Kuching tomorrow, sunburned but hopefully all geared to take on the challenges at the hospital.  Hopefully Mimi  is getting better at photography and Hajar finds inspiration to what she wants to do.  As for me....I will write on this blog, insyaAllah.

It seemed that we visit one island every year since 2008 and I hope before Aishah comes back to Semenanjung, we will go to Sipadan Island in Sabah.




No comments: