Thursday, February 2, 2012

Back to little business

For 2 weekends we did not sell at the flea market.  I missed it so.  I did not realize that I like doing business.  Selling Hajar's cookies.  I don't know if I would enjoy or not selling other stuff.  Hmmm.....

So last Tuesday, there I was, queuing up to get a table.  Went out early in the morning, earlier than usual, thinking I was early.  When I got there the queue was half the length of the normal full length.  All were sitting cross-legged, legs stretched out or lying down, and some, actually sleeping. I hear they come to register for a table as early as 5.30am. Wow.

I was prepared with a novel. 'Cinta didalam gelas' by Andrea Hirata.  So I joined the rest and sat down on the floor and started reading.  Unfortunately, books do makes me smile or laugh openly.  I can mask the tears, but cannot smother the smiles or laughs so for the 3 hours of queue I hope I did not come across as the loony or weird cookie seller, smiling and giggling to herself.  3 hours is a long time to control my response to the book (lama tuuu) and Andrea Hirata without fail would make me go that way, moving my emotions.  His books are sooooooo good. By the way, the young man infront of me, drums on the railings and sing.  But he does it rather well.

So this weekend, back to our little business.  Wish us luck.  We are adding a new product. Biskut Suji.  So now there are 4 big glass jars of cookies sold per piece.  Choc Chip, Choc Chip Raisins, Shortbread and Biskut Suji, InsyaAllah.

Hihi.

2 comments:

mamappgs said...

Always enjoy reading ur stories, dulu, kini & selamanya...

Nor Neeng said...

thank you