Saturday, June 1, 2013

Apple pie for picnic at Putrajaya

That night I made apple pie for our picnic.

The girls were sprawled out watching Wreck-it Ralph.

"What shape do you like, Ai?" I asked Picipu.  "Star", she replied.  Sign of ambition.

"Ja?" I asked Hajar. "Love," said my daughter with the loving heart.

"Mi?" I asked Mimi. "Teeth", a predictable answer from a future dentist, InsyaAllah.

The only shape  I could think of was, well, you know.

I am sure all of you can do better than this.



Apple cinnamon pie

4 apples, peeled and sliced thinly
150 gm butter
300 gm flour
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon caster sugar, more if you want a sweeter filling
1 heap tablespoon ground cinnamon,
a bit of iced water
1/2 teaspoon of salt (put in iced water)
1/2 cup of raisins

Rub butter into flour When mixture resembles breadcrumbs, add in enough ice water and salt (put in little by little) to form a dough.  Roll out pastry and line the pie dish. The remainder keep to cover the apples.

In a separate bowl, mix apples, sugar, cinnamon and raisin. Arrange apples on the pastry. Cover with another piece of rolled out pastry. Make a hole for the steam to escape. Sprinkle sugar on the top of pie if you like.

Bake 180 oven for 30 minits on lower grill and another 20-30 min on both grills.


No comments: